Your Arctic Spa® has been thoroughly tested during the manufacturing process to ensure reliability and long-term customer satisfaction. Before filling the spa, wipe the spa shell clean with a soft rag. Make sure to fill spa through filter bucket.
The following instructions must be read and followed exactly to ensure a successful start-up or refill.
- Ensure the electrical connections have been made in accordance with this manual.
- Ensure all O-Rings have been installed into unions and unions have been tightened sufficiently.
- Ensure all ball valves are open, and the drain has been closed. The spas drain fitting located on
the external cabinet. Refer to page 16 for location information
- Using a garden hose with a pre-filter, fill the spa with pre-filtered water to the bottom of the
pillows (or approximately 6”, 15 cm above the base of the floating weir).
Note: If your spa is equipped with Peak 2 Ozone ensure you fill the spa from the filter
bucket that does not have the weighted filter weir.
- Once the spa is filled to the proper level, turn the power to the spa on, by turning on the GFCI
/RCD breaker in your panel.
- The jet pump, heating system and all internal plumbing will achieve a partial prime as the spa is filled. To check the operation of the jet system and to remove any remaining air from the plumbing system, follow these steps:
a) All Models: Push the pump 1 button a second time to turn the pump to high speed. Allow to run for 1 minute.
b) Signature, Epic, and Legend series: Push pump 2 button also. This pump runs at high speed only. Run for one minute.c) Legend and Epic series: Push pump 3 also. This pump runs at high speed only. Run for one minute. Once the jet system is fully operational (as indicated by strong, non-surging jets), priming of the spa is complete. Push each pump button once to turn the pumps off.
d) Epic Series push pump #4 and #5 buttons once to turn on and run for one minute.IMPORTANT: Weak or surging jets are an indication of a low water level, a clogged filter cartridge, or
an improperly adjusted filter weir.
- Adjust the chemicals and balance the water according to your dealer’s instructions. A guideline
is also included in this manual, under the Water Maintenance Section.
- Set the temperature control to the desired temperature (between 100ºF and 104ºF (38ºC and
40ºC), then place the insulated cover on the spa and allow the water temperature to stabilize
(approximately 16 hours). Make sure you secure the cover in place using the cover locks.
Periodically check the spa water temperature.
When the water temperature climbs above 85ºF (29ºC), proceed to the next step
- Test and Adjust Sanitizer level (Chlorine ideal 1 – 3 ppm or Bromine ideal 3 – 5 ppm).
- Rotate diverters to centre position and press “Pump 2” button on topside control panel for 5 seconds to activate the “Boost filtration system”. When this system is enabled, “boo” is displayed on the screen. This will give 45 min of circulation and filtration to disperse the chemicals.
- You can set the temperature (between 38°C and 40°C or 100°F to 104°F) by pressing the TEMP ( ) and TEMP ( ) buttons on the control panel. The spa will normally come up to temperature within 16 to 24 hours. Replace the spa cover while the temperature is reaching the set point.
IMPORTANT: For safety, you can lock your desired temperature setting. Refer to the Topside Control Panel section for details.
CAUTION! – CAUTION!
Do Not turn on power
If your spa or AWP is equipped with Spa Boy® to the spa until the spa or ONZEN please consult the: Spa Boy® Owners is filled to the required Manual or ONZEN User Guide for further setup level. Running the spa requirements. If you do not have a copy, they pump without water can damage and invalidate your warranty!