These steps must be followed to properly start-up or refill your spa.
- Ensure the electrical connections have been made in accordance with this manual.
- Ensure all O-Rings have been installed into unions and unions have been tightened sufficiently.
- Ensure all ball valves are open, and the drain has been closed.
- Fill the spa with water to approximately 4″ above the top of the filter with a garden hose.
- Once the spa is filled to the proper level, turn the power to the spa on by turning on the GFCI breaker in your panel. Watch the display on the topside control. After power-up, the display will blink until a key is pressed. This feature is to let you know that there was a power outage.
- The jet pump, heating system and all internal plumbing will achieve a partial prime as the spa is filled. To check the operation of the jet system and to remove any remaining air from the heating system, push the JETS button twice for pump 1 and once for pumps 2 and 3 (for Signature series spas, push both JETS 1 and JETS 2 buttons and JETS 3 for Legend series spas) to make the jet pump(s) run on high speed for one minute. Once the jet system is fully operational (as indicated by strong, non-surging jets), priming of the spa is complete. Weak or surging jets are an indication of a low water level condition or clogged filter cartridges.
- Adjust the chemicals and balance the water according to your dealer’s instructions. A guideline is also included in the owner’s manual, under the water maintenance section.
- Set the temperature control to the desired temperature (between 100°F and 104°F), then place the insulated cover on the spa and allow the water temperature to stabilize (approximately 8 – 16 hours). Make sure you secure the cover in place using the cover locks. Periodically check the spa water temperature.